Each week our research team tracks cleantech transactions across the globe. This week we recorded 75 investments, nine M&As, 153relationships and 25other news items. Below are some of the highlights. The complete version of the weekly roundup can be found here.
- REpower Systems received $86,000,000 from Suzlon Energy. Suzlon has purchased all remaining stake from REpower System’s minority shareholders. Suzlon now owns 100% of REpower System.
- Novomer received $10,000,000 from Flagship Ventures, KensaGroup, OVP Venture Partners, and Physic Ventures. This financing round is disclosed via a regulatory filing.
- ADA-ES received $30,500,000 from Baird. The company offered 2 million common stock at $15.25 per share.
New Mergers & Acquisitions
- OpenCEL was acquired by Trojan Technologiesfor an Undisclosed Amount. OpenCEL will operate as a division of US Peroxide, a Trojan Technologies business headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
- Southtex Treaters was acquired by Kinder Morganfor $155,000,000. Kinder Morgan further grows its natural gas treating business with this acquisition.
- Sainsbury’s and Biffahave formed a Development Partnership. Biffa’s Anerobic Digestion Facilities will process the majority of Sainsbury’s waste food over the next 3 years.
- Itron added Hong Kong Water Supplies Departmentas a Customer. Itron has been contracted to supply 400,000 water smart meters by the Hong Kong Water utility.
- General Electric added BP Wind Energyas a Customer. GE to supply 350 wind turbines under a $750 million contract for wind farm projects in Kansas and Pennsylvania.
To get this and other Cleantech Insights stories delivered weekly to your inbox, sign up for the Inside Cleantech Newsletter: