This week we saw a host of activity all around the water world. For details on what companies like Bluewater Bio, MWH Americas, and Pentair are up to, read the stories below:
- Wastewater treatment technology company Bluewater Bio has bought FilterClear Ltd’s portfolio of advanced multimedia filtration technologies, including the Spruce Filter, which will be marketed by Bluewater FilterClear Ltd, a newly formed subsidiary.
- Neptune Technology Group and Sprint will combine technologies (Sprint’s wireless network and machine-to-machine expertise with Neptune’s automated metering solutions) to help utilities collect water consumption and diagnostic data.
- Unitywater will work in collaboration with the University of Queensland and Veolia Water Australia to investigate new methods of purifying treated wastewater at its Caboolture sewage treatment plant in Queensland, Australia.
- Select Energy Services has signed a strategic alliance agreement with Water Rescue Holdings to enhance its services portfolio. Select Energy will have access to a versatile and mobile water treatment and recycling technology through Water Rescue’s electro-coagulation units, while Water Rescue will gain exposure into new markets and geographical areas.
- Aqua America and Penn Virginia Resource Partners (PVR) have formed a joint venture, Aqua-PVR Water, to construct and operate a private