- Suez Environnement, GE Energy, Power & Water, and GE Intelligent Platforms have signed a non-exclusive and renewable two-year technology and commercial cooperation agreement for the development of new optimization solutions to address water systems for cities.
- Cenovus Energy Inc., an integrated oil company in Canada, is investing $2.5 million in Saltworks Technologies Inc. (a Canadian company focused on converting salt water into fresh water through desalination) and $3.8 million in General Fusion (a Canadian company developing fusion technology using hydrogen atoms).
- Va Tech Wabag Ltd is looking at Latin American and Eastern European countries for acquisitions as part of its multi-pronged strategies to make its mark internationally. The company will be consolidating its overseas presences while converting its branches in China and Turkey into wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Santa Paula Water LLC, a company formed by PERC Water and Alinda Capital Partners, is holding a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its Water Recycling Facility, which treats and recycles 4.2 million gallons per-day.
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority has selected 18 developers to bid for the development of the first facility of 1,500 megawatts in Dubai to be developed as an independent water and power project (Hassyan