- Tri-Tech Holding will acquire operating assets of J&Y International Inc., a Wisconsin-based water technology company. The purchase price is an amount up to $1,500,000 to be paid in up to four installments of cash and Tri-Tech stock, subject to an earn-out purchase price payment.
- TEE International acquires GETCO, one of the largest wastewater treatment companies in Thailand, for about $7.8 million (S$9.7 million). TEE International said that the acquisition is a strategic move that allows the group to gain cutting edge expertise and extend its footprint into the waste water treatment business in Thailand and the South East Asian region via the engineering segment.
- Aquatech is to provide a 15 MIGD seawater reverse osmosis-based desalination facility for the United Arab Emirates’ Federal Electricity and Water Authority (FEWA). The desalination project, located in Ghalilah, is valued at more than $82 million and is scheduled to be operational in late 2013.
- A Canadian wastewater treatment plant selected GE’s membrane bioreactor technology and equipment featuring ZeeWeed reinforced, hollow-fiber membranes for the expansion of a wastewater treatment plant in Brandon, Canada.
- Israel’s Amiad will provide its proprietary SpinKlin Disc Filters for the Aquapolo tertiary wastewater treatment project