- WaterSmart Software has closed a $900,000 round of seed financing led by Menlo Incubator and joined by Sand Hill Angels, Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Physic Ventures.
- The Philadelphia Water Department has selected Innovyze CapPlan Water as its drinking water infrastructure management and risk assessment solution, which will consist of a full range of high-performance performance modeling and condition assessment capabilities.
- Sorek Desalination Ltd (owned 51% IDE Technologies and 49% Hutchison Water International) has signed a $400 million debt financing for the Sorek (Israel) water desalination project. Sorek, expected to be the largest water desalination plant in the world, will desalinate about 150 million cubic meters of water per year.
- Construction management services for a $128 million expansion of the Fountain Valley, CA, Groundwater Replenishment System will be provided by Parsons.
- Aqua America purchased four water and wastewater systems in NC and VA. The systems are slated for capital additions including treatment system improvements and the installation of a radio frequency metering system.
- Oman to request proposals for a 42 million gallon Gubrah desalination plant later this summer.
- Spanish firm Cadagua has been selected to design and build a seawater desalination plant